Friday 4 November 2011

NaNoWriMo, Day 4: Pfft.

Last night, we went to a very fancy restaurant, determined to spend lots of money. While we were there, we bumped into a friend of mine and his girlfriend. Suffice it to say, much fun was had by all (in a weird way, we all kind of got excited by theprospect of the other diners thinking we were just two random couples who'd hit it off) and I got drunk on fancy wine.

I also ate some amazing food (see below foodies), but mostly I got drunk. Which meant that today, I did not feel much like doing anything. I went to work, obviously, and I did my work. I even spoke politely to people and nobody even knew! But then came writing time, and it took me a lot longer than usual to get started.

I know a lot of people say that when you're writing, you should never finish a chapter, because then the next day you have to start by opening a chapter, but I don't think I find it any easier to start in the middle of a chapter! Well I did start, eventually, and I got my words done, so I did. Actually, I got at least double the words done. I wonder if they're good. Eh.

I spoke briefly to a friend who's NaNo-ing too today and we both agreed that this year is easier. Maybe it's because of the weather, or our situations in life these days, but I like to think that it's because we're getting better at it. I hope we are. In any case, I have to say, four days in, I'm really enjoying NaNoWriMo this year.

FOOD!

Beetroot (three ways, including salt baked, with goats cheese and an olive crumble).


Rabbit (ballantine with pickled carrots and a damson sauce - BTW pickled carrots are my favourite thing int he world now).



Mushroom and white chocolate gateau (I didn't take a photo because I'd already embarrassed everyone enough but rest assured, it was weird and delicious.)

PS. Last night, I ate more flower petals than I ever had in my whole life combined before last night. If that makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment